Monday - Friday (8:30AM - 5:00PM)
City Hall - The Plaza
P.O. Box 475
Dover, DE 19903-0475
For billing inquiries or Customer Service issues, please contact our Customer
Service Dept. at 736-7035.
In general, this department has responsibility for supervising and coordinating the administration of major financial services, receivables, and customer service. It is responsible for the following tasks:
- Prepares nearly 23,000 monthly utility bills, miscellaneous bills, and special assessment bills.
- Receives nearly 24,000 payments per month from customers for all City services billed, and completes all steps in processing the daily bank deposits.
- Answers billing related questions, and respond to all inquiries and billing problems for special assessment and miscellaneous billings.
- Manages all inquiries and questions related to aged receivables/delinquent accounts. Collects bills through notices of non-payment, cut-off of services, court cases, and the use of collection agencies.
- Maintains internal accounting controls on all billing and collection activities.
- Manages electric and water/wastewater customer services to include opening new accounts, maintaining equalized payment program, closing/transfer of existing accounts, processing name changes and mailing address changes.
- Work directly with the Meter Reading division, and all other work order services.
- Prepare the billing and collection of approximately $6.9 million in property tax revenues.
- Administers property tax sales for delinquent accounts as needed to insure collection of all tax revenues.