The Public Work's Department is located in City Hall, 15 East Loockerman Street
Monday - Friday (8:30AM - 5:00PM)
City Hall - 15 Loockerman Plaza
Dover, DE 19903
In general, this divison of the Department of Public Works has responsibility for the overall administration of the department's Construction, Engineering, Sanitation, Streets, Water Wastewater, and Water Treatment Plant. It is responsible for the following tasks:
- Prepares, implements, and manages division budgets.
- Coordinates and manages day-to-day activities of all Public Works divisions.
- Establishes goals, objectives, and priorities for Public Works activities.
- Prepares standards specifications for equipment and vehicle purchases.
- Provides clerical support for correspondence, personnel, contracting, purchasing, budgeting, and records for all Public Works divisions.
- Prepares departmental press releases, including Spring Cleanup Week, Holiday Refuse Collection, and Free Leaf Mulch.
- Responds to customer questions and complaints regarding all Public Works Activities.