Utility Payment Plan
The City of Dover now offers an easy way to pay your monthly utility bill automatically through a Preauthorized Payment Plan. The Preauthorized Payment Plan offers the following:
- Automatically deducts your utility bill from your checking or savings account.
- Saves time and cost of writing checks each month.
- Assures timely payment of your utility bill each month, even when you are away from home.
- Saves postage expense.
- Prevents lost of stolen checks.
- Prevents additional charges for late payment if you should forget to pay your bill before the due date.
- Assures continuation of electric service.
- Prevents waiting in line.
To begin using the Preauthorized Payment Plan, call 736-7035 or you may print and fill out the Preauthorize Payment Plan and enclose it with your check when you mail your next payment. Please make certain the check you send with your payment is the account from which you wish to have future utility payments made. If you have more than one utility account from which you desire this service, please advise us of each utility account number involved.
Due to banking rules and regulations and our own procedures, it usually takes approximately two months to make the transition from manual pay to the Preauthorized Payment Plan. To confirm the transition is complete, a message will appear on the lower portion of your monthly utility bill. The message will inform you that the amount of your bill will be charged to your account on the scheduled due date. This will enable you to register the amount in your checkbook.