Utility Payment Plan
Utility Bill Payments
The City of Dover offers an easy way to pay your monthly bill automatically from your checking or savings account through a Preauthorization Payment Plan (a/k/a Bank Draft). To take advantage of the plan, fill out the form and return it to the City of Dover.
NO FEE ONLINE PAYMENTS CAN BE MADE USING A CREDIT/DEBIT CARD. THERE IS A $5000.00 PAYMENT LIMIT.
ELECTRIC BILL **** What You Will Need **** (ex., utility customer# 12345-67890)
- Mailing Utility Bill Payments:
- City of Dover Utility, PO Box 15040, Wilmington, DE 19886-5040
- Drive-up Window
- During business hours, you can pay your utility bill only with cash, check, or money order at our 5 E Reed St. location.
- After-hour payments can be made at the outside drive-up box or at the Reed St. side of the building.
City of Dover Tax Payment
The City's tax rate is determined each year by the City Council. Tax bills are sent the beginning of July and are due by July 31st of each year. A 11/2 percent per month penalty is added to all unpaid tax bills beginning on August 1st. Inquiries concerning Assessed Value, Re-evaluation Assessment, Senior Tax Discount, Sheriff Sale, Monitions, property tax sales, , and Deed Transfers contact the Tax Assessor's Office at 302-736-7022 for further details. For the current tax rate click here.
PROPERTY TAX **** What You Will Need **** (ex., utility customer# 12345-67890) or (Tax Acct# 0999)
- Mailing Tax Payments:
- City of Dover Utility, PO Box 15558, Wilmington, DE 19886-5558
- Customer Service Cashier's
- Cashier location accept tax payments. Have your tax statement available in order to avoid delays.
Preauthorized Payment Plan
The City of Dover offers an easy way to pay your monthly utility bill automatically from your specified checking or savings account. The Preauthorized Payment Plan offers the following advantages:
- Worry free monthly deductions eliminates the need of postage or carrying checks.
- Assures timely payment of your utility bill each month, even when you are away from home.
- Prevents additional charges for late payment if you should forget to pay your bill before the due date.
- Prevents waiting in line.
To begin using the Preauthorized Payment Plan, call 736-7035 or you may print and fill out the Preauthorize Payment Plan and enclose it with your check when you mail your next payment. Please make certain the check you send with your payment is the account from which you wish to have future utility payments made. If you have more than one utility account from which you desire this service, please advise us of each utility account number involved.
- Due to banking rules and regulations and our own procedures, it usually takes approximately two months to make the transition from manual pay to the Preauthorized Payment Plan.
To confirm the transition is complete, a message will appear on the lower portion of your monthly utility bill. The message will inform you that the amount of your bill will be charged to your account on the scheduled due date. This will enable you to register the amount in your checkbook.
DISCLAIMER: The information is prepared for you as a general guide to our utility policy. Please understand that it does not cover all circumstances and that it might not include specific details on a subject which interests you. If you have questions that are not covered here or want information on any subject, please give us a call. We are here to serve you!