October 17, 2017
Please take notice that the City of Dover is in the process of compiling an ADA (American with Disabilities Act) Transition Plan. The City of Dover invites the public to become involved in this process through written comments. The Public Comment and Response Form is available on the City of D
October 09, 2017
The City of Dover with a recommendation from the Silver Lake Commission will be preforming a draw down of Silver Lake beginning Monday, October 9 through Friday, October 20, 2017. All efforts will be put forth to ensure the fish and other water species are not harmed in any manner during this
September 25, 2017
The City of Dover Department of Public Works will be flushing various sections of the City’s water distribution system in an effort to alleviate concerns regarding brown water. Staff intends to flush all sectors of the distribution system as long as time and weather conditions permit.&nb
September 22, 2017
The Department of Public Works announces the following schedule for the collection of leaves: Starting October 16, 2017 and ending January 12, 2018 LEAVES MAY BE PLACED IN THE CITY STREET FOR COLLECTION.
For most areas leaves in the street will be collected the day after yo
The Public Work's Department is located in City Hall, 15 Loockerman Plaza
Monday - Friday (8:30AM - 4:30PM)
Sharon J. Duca, P.E
PW[at sign]dover.de.us (Please include "Public Works Inquiry" in the subject line of your email and replace [at sign] with @)
City Hall - 15 Loockerman Plaza
Dover, DE 19901
In general, this divison of the Department of Public Works has responsibility for the overall administration of the department's Engineering, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Sanitation, Streets, Water Wastewater, and Water Treatment Plant. It is responsible for the following tasks:
- Prepares, implements, and manages division budgets.
- Coordinates and manages day-to-day activities of all Public Works divisions.
- Establishes goals, objectives, and priorities for Public Works activities.
- Prepares standards specifications for equipment and vehicle purchases.
- Provides clerical support for correspondence, personnel, contracting, purchasing, budgeting, and records for all Public Works divisions.
- Prepares departmental press releases, including Spring Cleanup Week, Holiday Refuse Collection, and Free Leaf Mulch.
- Responds to customer questions and complaints regarding all Public Works Activities.