Utility Bill Email Notification
You can now receive email notification of your Utility Bill. If you would like to sign up to receive an email notification of your Utility Bill
- Just fill out the form and click the 'Submit by Email' button
- Or print and fill out the form and send it to the address listed.
Preauthorized Payment Plan (Bank Drafting)
The City of Dover offers an easy way to pay your monthly utility bill automatically from your specified checking or savings account. The Preauthorized Payment Plan offers the following advantages:
- Worry free monthly deductions.
- Assures timely payment of your utility bill each month.
- Prevents additional charges for late payment.
- Prevents waiting in line.
To begin print and fill out the form and enclose it with your check when you mail your next payment.
- Please make certain the check you send is the account from which you wish to have future utility payments made.
- If you have multiply utility account from which you desire this service, specify each utility account number involved.
To confirm the transition is complete:
banking rules and regulations
and our own procedures
- It takes approximately two months to make the transition from manual pay to the Preauthorized Payment Plan.
A message will appear on the lower portion of your monthly utility bill.
- The amount of your bill will be " bank drafted from your account ".
- The amount of your bill will be bank drafted on the scheduled due date .
Budget Billing (Equalized Payment Plan)
The City of Dover offers Residential customers the option to sign up for an Equalized Payment Plan, also known as the Budget Billing. This program is designed to assist residential customers who have utility bills that fluctuate seasonally. The program equalizes their payments over an eleven month period; thus allowing customers to budget their funds to a set amount each month.
Frequently asked questions:
When does the budget plan begin?
- The budget plan runs from October - September each year.
I'm new to the area, can I set up budget billing?
- Yes, however, the budget amount will be based on the previous customer's usage. We recommend that you wait a year before enrolling in budget billing for your new location
Can I increase or decrease my budget plan amount?
- No, the budget plan is calculated based on previous usage. The plan amount is set for the duration of the plan year. Accounts are reviewed quarterly and adjusted based on need.
What happens if my service was disconnected for non-payment and I am on the budget plan?
- If your service is terminated for any reason your budget billing privileges will be discontinued. You cannot reestablish budget billing until the next budget cycle. You also must meet all requirements to reenroll.
What happens if I owe a balance at the end of the budget period?
- Budget settle up balances must be paid in full before the new budget season begins in October.
What happens if I have a credit balance at the end of the budget period?
- Credit balances will automatically be rolled over to the new plan unless a refund is requested, the amount is too large to carry over, or removal from the plan occur.
If I move, can I set up budget billing at my new address?
- Yes, however, the budget amount will be based on the previous customer's usage. We recommend that you wait until you have a year's worth of history at the new address.
Do I have to reenroll each plan year?
- No, September is settle-up month.Billed amounts must be paid to a zero balance before you will be automatically re-enrollment in the program.
am a tenant, can I sign up for the budget plant?
- A tenant may not budget lienable services ; water, wastewater, and trash. Lienable services must be paid in addition to the budget plan amount as billed..
What should I do if I have additional questions?
- Other qualifications may apply, please contact Customer Service for additional details and sign-up requirements.
- When does the budget plan begin?
DISCLAIMER: The information is prepared for you as a general guide to our utility policy. Please understand that it does not cover all circumstances and that it might not include specific details on a subject which interests you. If you have questions that are not covered here or want information on any subject, please give us a call. We are here to serve you!