Electric Department FAQ
No answers matched your search

General Electric Department Questions

Contact Customer Service at 302-736-7035.

Contact the Electric Engineering Department at 302-736-7070.

Contact Customer Service at 302-736-7035 or www.cityofdover.com ~ View / Pay Tax or Utility Bill.

As soon as we receive notification that the power has gone out, our crews are dispatched to fix the problem. The length of service interruption will vary depending on the cause of the outage.  If you would like to report a power outage, please call the City of Dover&squot;s System Operations Department at 302-736-7086.

A) Contact the Electrician of your choice,
B) Electrician will contact Electric Engineering at 302-736-7091 to have the service designed,
C) Electrician must receive drawing of service,
D) Electrician will make changes (if necessary),
E) Electrician to have new service inspected,
F) Home owner must sign locate agreement.

Call System Operations at 302-736-7086. Please report the light by getting the number located on the pole along with the closest street address. (Pole numbers are yellow and black, begin with an S, and are located about 4 feet high on the street side of the pole).

Call Miss Utility at 811 and they will notify the utility companies.

The status information will be available via the toll free telephone number (866.821.4226) or on Search & Status® .

Contact Customer Services at 302-736-7035 and ask to have a security light installed.

Yes. State electrical permits can be obtained at The Cannon Building, 861 Silver Lake Blvd. Room 203, 302-739-4522 .

All Meters sockets shall be constructed from steel or aluminum. All meter sockets shall accept blade type meters, bolted type meter sockets will not be acceptable.

Call DelDOT TMC at 302-659-2400, 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.