Find us on Facebook
Location: We are located at City Hall, 15 Loockerman Plaza (between the Dover Public Library & PNC Bank)
Office Hours: Monday - Friday (8:30AM - 5:00PM)
Mailing Address: PO Box 475, Dover, DE 19903
Office Phone: (302) 736-7073 Office Fax: (302) 736-7093
Human Resources Staff
|Kim Hawkins, Director||Email: khawkins[at sign]dover.de.us*|
|Corinne Mosher, HR Coordinator||Email: cmosher[at sign]dover.de.us*|
|Hollie Ford, Administrative Assistant||Email: hford[at sign]dover.de.us*|
* Replace [at sign] with @
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The City of Dover is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all citizens and maintaining a high quality workforce that draws upon the talents of our diverse citizenry to effectively operate our City government. Through sound recruitment, promotion, and retention practices The City of Dover will continue to strive for a workforce that reflects the diversity of the City's population.
The Human Resources Department leads and supports the organization in maintaining a competent, capable workforce and in creating a work environment that reflects respect for employees and promotes effective service delivery to citizens. This department is responsible for the following tasks:
- Assists the council and City Management team to develop programs, and systems that guide decisions.
- Recruits and selects qualified employees.
- Develops and increases skills and capabilities of individuals and work groups through orientation, training, and skill development.
- Fosters team work.
- Acts as a neutral party for conflict resolution among staff.
- Manages, evaluates, and controls fringe benefit programs.
- Manages the City's risk management services.
- Administers the worker's compensation program.
- Directs the oversight and adherence of federal and state labor laws (e.g. FMLA, discrimination and wage & hour).
- Responsible for labor relations to include labor contract negotiations and implementations, grievance resolution and furthering labor relations.
VISION, MISION STATEMENT & VALUES
The City of Dover's Human Resources Department is an intergovernmental service department the performs strategic, operational and administrative responsibilities in varied aspects of managing current and future human capital. Our vision is to be a unified department that will provide assistance to all customers with enthusiasm. Assigned projects and tasks will be completed to the best of our ability while ensuring the end-user understand the results and the implications of implementation. We will endeavor to develop personal relationships to enhance trust and open communications. We recognize and celebrate individual and team accomplishments. We respect all employees. We understand and recognize that valued employees contribute to the City of Dover, both internally and externally. Lastly, we also understand the impact that our actions and decisions have on the organization as a whole.
Click here to read the most frequently asked HR questions - Human Resources FAQ