Job Title: Motor Equipment Operator I
Salary range: $14.50
The City of Dover is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Motor Equipment Operator I in the Water/Wastewater Division of the Department of Water & Wastewater. The primary duties of this position are to assist the Water/Wastewater crew in the installation, repair, operation and maintenance of all water and wastewater facilities within the City through the operation of specialized motor equipment, hand and power tools.
- Installation and repair of water mains and services
- Installation and repair of sewer lines and laterals
- Perform regular water system flushing and the utilization of a jetter/vacuum truck to clean and maintain sewer lines
- Assist in pump station maintenance and video inspections
- Inspect motor equipment daily and perform minor maintenance
- Complete job-related logs and forms and assist in providing information to the public
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License with air brake and tank endorsements or ability to obtain CDL permit within two (2) months and CDL license within six (6) months of employment
- Work on a 24-7 rotating on-call schedule, as well as night shifts twice a year. Each night shift will be for approximately two (2) to three (3) weeks
- Ability to perform medium to heavy work lifting 75 pounds on an occasional basis
- Department of Transportation (DOT) pre-employment physical and drug and alcohol test
To view the entire job description, please visit, https://www.cityofdover.com/job-titles-and-rates and click on DOE Union Employees Job Titles
A criminal background investigation and driving record review will be required. Candidates may be given a job-related test during the interview.
- Health, dental, vision and group life insurance
- 401a and 457 deferred compensation plans
- Paid vacation and sick leave
To Apply Submit the Following
Ethical conduct and honest behavior are our basic organizational values. Candidates will be instrumental in assisting to make Dover a place where people want to live through our motto – Dedication, Ownership, Vision, Excellence and Reliability
City of Dover is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hourly Rate: $14.50
Closing Date: Open Until Filled