May 17, 2017
There will be no trash or curbside recycling collection by the City of Dover on the Memorial Day Holiday, on Monday, May 29, 2017. Trash and recycling collection that would normally be made on Monday will be on Tuesday, May 30th
along with the normal Tuesday collection. We ask
The Public Work's Department is located in City Hall, 15 Loockerman Plaza
Monday - Friday (8:30AM - 4:30PM)
Sharon J. Duca, P.E
PW[at sign]dover.de.us (Please include "Public Works Inquiry" in the subject line of your email and replace [at sign] with @)
City Hall - 15 Loockerman Plaza
Dover, DE 19901
In general, this divison of the Department of Public Works has responsibility for the overall administration of the department's Engineering, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Sanitation, Streets, Water Wastewater, and Water Treatment Plant. It is responsible for the following tasks:
- Prepares, implements, and manages division budgets.
- Coordinates and manages day-to-day activities of all Public Works divisions.
- Establishes goals, objectives, and priorities for Public Works activities.
- Prepares standards specifications for equipment and vehicle purchases.
- Provides clerical support for correspondence, personnel, contracting, purchasing, budgeting, and records for all Public Works divisions.
- Prepares departmental press releases, including Spring Cleanup Week, Holiday Refuse Collection, and Free Leaf Mulch.
- Responds to customer questions and complaints regarding all Public Works Activities.