March 02, 2017
On Friday, April 7, 21, 28, and May 5, 12, 19, 26, 2017 from 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., and Saturday, April 8, 29, and May 6, 13, 20, 27, 2017, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., the City of Dover will be giving away free leaf compost at Schutte Park. Schutte Park is located on Electric Avenue off of H
March 02, 2017
The City of Dover has designated April 10 – 21, 2017, as SPRING CLEAN UP. SPRING CLEAN UP is intended to encourage all citizens in the City of Dover to clean up and beautify their premises.
SPRING CLEAN UP items should be put out the same day as your regular trash day
December 09, 2016
The New Street Water Main Replacement Project is scheduled to begin on Monday, December 12, 2016 and conclude on or around March 31, 2017. The affected area is on New Street, between Loockerman Street and Water Street. Portions of New Street will be closed throughout the project. A
The Public Work's Department is located in City Hall, 15 Loockerman Plaza
Monday - Friday (8:30AM - 4:30PM)
Sharon J. Duca, P.E
PW[at sign]dover.de.us (Please include "Public Works Inquiry" in the subject line of your email and replace [at sign] with @)
City Hall - 15 Loockerman Plaza
Dover, DE 19901
In general, this divison of the Department of Public Works has responsibility for the overall administration of the department's Engineering, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Sanitation, Streets, Water Wastewater, and Water Treatment Plant. It is responsible for the following tasks:
- Prepares, implements, and manages division budgets.
- Coordinates and manages day-to-day activities of all Public Works divisions.
- Establishes goals, objectives, and priorities for Public Works activities.
- Prepares standards specifications for equipment and vehicle purchases.
- Provides clerical support for correspondence, personnel, contracting, purchasing, budgeting, and records for all Public Works divisions.
- Prepares departmental press releases, including Spring Cleanup Week, Holiday Refuse Collection, and Free Leaf Mulch.
- Responds to customer questions and complaints regarding all Public Works Activities.