April 02, 2018
WATER DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM FLUSHING
The City of Dover Department of Public Works will be flushing various sections of the City’s water distribution system in an effort to alleviate concerns regarding brown water. Staff intends to flush all sectors of the distributi
March 27, 2018
For information regarding City of Dover Spring Clean Up click link below.
Spring Clean Up Information
March 14, 2018
Please be advised that the City of Dover will be utilizing a contractor to perform a water main replacement on William Street, beginning March 19, 2018. Click for more details.
February 27, 2018
The City of Dover Department of Public Works will be conducting three (3) separate operational activities this spring. Click for a review of each activity.
Monday - Friday (8:30AM - 4:30PM)
Sharon J. Duca, P.E
City Hall - 15 Loockerman Plaza
Dover, DE 19901
In general, this divison of the Department of Public Works has responsibility for the overall administration of the department's Engineering, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Sanitation, Streets, Water Wastewater, and Water Treatment Plant. It is responsible for the following tasks:
- Prepares, implements, and manages division budgets.
- Coordinates and manages day-to-day activities of all Public Works divisions.
- Establishes goals, objectives, and priorities for Public Works activities.
- Prepares standards specifications for equipment and vehicle purchases.
- Provides clerical support for correspondence, personnel, contracting, purchasing, budgeting, and records for all Public Works divisions.
- Prepares departmental press releases, including Spring Cleanup Week, Holiday Refuse Collection, and Free Leaf Mulch.
- Responds to customer questions and complaints regarding all Public Works Activities.