October 02, 2019
The City of Dover Department of Public Works will be conducting two (2) separate operational activities this fall. Click for a review of each activity.
September 30, 2019
CITY OF DOVER – LEAF COLLECTION
The Department of Public Works announces the following schedule for the collection of leaves: Starting October 14, 2019 and ending January 10, 2020 LEAVES MAY BE PLACED IN THE CITY STREET FOR COLLECTION.
For most a
September 23, 2019
WATER DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM FLUSHING
The City of Dover Department of Public Works will be flushing various sections of the City’s water distribution system in an effort to alleviate concerns regarding brown water. Staff intends to flush all sectors of the distributi
Monday - Friday (8:30AM - 4:30PM)
Sharon J. Duca, P.E
City Hall - 15 Loockerman Plaza
Dover, DE 19901
In general, this divison of the Department of Public Works has responsibility for the overall administration of the department's Engineering, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Sanitation, Streets, Water Wastewater, and Water Treatment Plant. It is responsible for the following tasks:
- Prepares, implements, and manages division budgets.
- Coordinates and manages day-to-day activities of all Public Works divisions.
- Establishes goals, objectives, and priorities for Public Works activities.
- Prepares standards specifications for equipment and vehicle purchases.
- Provides clerical support for correspondence, personnel, contracting, purchasing, budgeting, and records for all Public Works divisions.
- Prepares departmental press releases, including Spring Cleanup Week, Holiday Refuse Collection, and Free Leaf Mulch.
- Responds to customer questions and complaints regarding all Public Works Activities.