In general, provides for the overall management of the Procurement & Inventory Division. It is responsible for the following tasks:
- Prepares, implements, and manages the budget.
- Coordinates and manages day-to-day department activities.
- Operates mail room and courier service for City departments.
- Orders, maintains, and controls a working stock of materials necessary for construction and maintenance of City utilities.
- Stores and issues materials needed for new construction and maintenance.
- Provides indoor and outdoor storage.
- Provides fuel for all city departments including police and fire departments.
- Enters, distributes, maintains, and controls all departmental stock issues. Also responsible for maintaining all vehicle fuel usage records.
- Provides centralized purchasing to all city departments except the Police and Fire Departments.
Link to City of Dover's Purchasing Policy: 05-23-2022 Final Copy