In general, this division of the Department of Public Works has responsibility for the maintaining the City's streets and storm drains. It is responsible for the following tasks:
- Maintains pavement on all City streets and alleys.
- Repairs pavement after water or sewer lines repairs have been made.
- Seasonally collects leaves and removes snow from all City streets and alleys within the corporate limits.
- Paints street markings and maintains traffic control and street name signs.
- Annually cleans catch basins, storm drains and storm ditches and maintains water flows in all City tax ditches.
- Maintains City and Parking Authority parking lots.
- Sweeps all streets and alleys within the City limits.