In general, this division has responsibility for maintaining the grounds of all City-owned property and rights-of-ways. It is responsible for the following tasks:
- Mows over 285 acres of turf in parks and around City buildings.
- Provides maintenance for 2,265 street trees.
- Maintains 35 miles of City rights-of-ways including streets and ditches.
- Maintains 65 flower beds throughout the City.
- Removes snow from 3-¾ miles of sidewalks on City property.
- Provides set up for special events such as Carolling on the Green, Spring/Summer Performing Arts Series, Festival of Lights, Old Dover Days, etc.
- Decorates trees on Loockerman Street and The Plaza, and other City properties for the holiday season.
- Provides herbicide spraying for weed control on 137 miles of City streets.
- Maintains safety surfaces under City playground equipment.
- Edges sidewalks and curbs on City properties.
- Controls vegetation in 20 miles of alleys.
- Reviews Landscape Plans of Developers for the Dover Advisory Committee (DAC).
- Assists Electric Department in bioremediation projects.
- Assists both the Electric and Public Works Departments with yard repairs.