Utility / Tax Payments
Utility Bill Payment
City of Dover Utility Bills and Property Tax payments - there is no fee to use our online payment option for:
- VISA/MASTER CREDIT CARD
- DEBIT CARD
These and other restrictions may apply contact Customer Services for specific details:
- Prepaid Cards and Third Party Lending cards are not accepted.
- Fee will be required for all returned payments .
A Fee apply to all return credit/debit cards and subject to disconnection.
- Future use of the online option will be denied as the City warrant necessary .
* ** ATTENTION ** * C ITY OF DOVER UTILITY CUSTOMERS - ALL DELINQUENT BALANCES MUST BE PAID IN FULL TO PREVENT DISCONNECTION OF UTILITY SERVICE.
How To Pay...
ELECTRIC BILL **** What You Will Need **** (ex., Utility Account#: 12345-67890 & Mailing Zip Code)
|City of Dover Utility, PO Box 15040, Wilmington DE 19886-5040|
|Drive-Up Window||5 E Reed St, Dover DE 19901 (Monday - Friday, 8:30 am-5:00 pm Business hours)|
|Drop-Box||5 E Reed St Dover DE 19901 (After hour payment box by drive-up and Read St. side of building.|
- (Payments placed in the drop box will not avoid disconnection of service if your account is delinquent .)
The City's tax rate is determined each year by the City Council. Tax bills are mailed the beginning of July and are due by July 31 of each year. A 1 1/2 percent per month penalty is added to all unpaid tax bills beginning on August 1 .
Call 302-736-7022 for further details Tax Assessor's Office - Inquiries concerning:
- Assessed Value or Re-evaluation Assessment . Current Tax Rates and Penalties
- Senior Tax Discount . Sheriff Sale or Monitions . Property Tax Sales, and Deed Transfers
City of Dover Property Tax Rate Effective 7/1/15 - .4050
Example: Total Assessment Value $140,300.00 X Tax Rate
- Contact the Tax Assessor's Office concerning late penalties, discounts, or BID.
How To Pay...
PROPERTY TAX **** What You Will Need **** (ex., Tax Account IDt#: 0999 & Mailing Zip Code)
|City of Dover Taxes, PO Box 15558, Wilmington DE 19886-5558|
|Cashier||5 E Reed St Dover DE 19901 (Monday-Friday, 8:30 am-5:00 pm Business hours.) Have your tax statement available in order to avoid delays.|
- (Payments placed in the drop box will not avoid penalties if your account is delinquent .)
DISCLAIMER: The information is prepared for you as a general guide to our utility policy. Please understand that it does not cover all circumstances and that it might not include specific details on a subject which interests you. If you have questions that are not covered here or want information on any subject, please give us a call. We are here to serve you!