Application for Utility Services
The City of Dover generates its own electricity at the McKee Run Generating Station In addition, the City owns and operates water and wastewater distribution and collection systems, storage reservoirs, production wells, and treatment facilities to provide adequate potable water within the City's service area.
Connection of Utility Service
- How to apply if requesting Connection or Transfer of Services application:
- Security Deposit - payment options are CASH, CHECK or MONEY ORDER
- Property Manager-Realtor Service Application
- Contractor / New Construction
Disconnection of Utility Service
The customer who wishes to arrange for disconnection of utility services:
- Must apply no more than (30) days in advance or no later than (1) business day notice . Your utility services will remain active and charges billable until a formal request is made by you the account holder.
- Contact a Customer Services Representative:
- In Person : Customer Services office at 5 East Reed Street, Dover DE 19901, Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm.
- By Phone : 302-736-7035 or Fax: 302-736-7193
- By Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
What you will need to complete your request:
- Proof of Identification
- Disconnection date
- Final bill forwarding address
Once received and a final reading is obtained, a final bill will be mailed to your forwarding address.
- Deposits will be credited to the final bill.
- If the final charges are more than the deposit, a bill will be issued for the difference.
- If the final bill is less than the deposit, a refund check will be issued for the difference and mailed.
DISCLAIMER: The information is prepared for you as a general guide to our utility policy. Please understand that it does not cover all circumstances and that it might not include specific details on a subject which interests you. If you have questions that are not covered here or want information on any subject, please give us a call. We are here to serve you!