Application for Utility Services
The City of Dover generates its own electricity at the McKee Run Generating Station In addition, the City owns and operates water and wastewater distribution and collection systems, storage reservoirs, production wells, and treatment facilities to provide adequate potable water within the City's service area.
IMPORTANT : City services may be withheld or denied if prior indebtedness to the City for any services has not been paid in full. COD Sec. 110.2
Connection of Utility Service Commercial Service Application
Disconnection of Utility Service
The customer who wishes to arrange for disconnection of utility services:
- Must apply no more than (30) days in advance or no later than (1) business day notice . Your utility services will remain active and charges billable until a formal request is made by you the account holder.
- Contact a Customer Services Representative:
- In Person : Customer Services office at 5 East Reed Street, Dover DE 19901, Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm.
- By Phone : 302-736-7035 or Fax: 302-736-7193
- By Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
What you will need to complete your request:
- Proof of Identification
- Disconnection date
- Final bill forwarding address
Once received and a final reading is obtained, a final bill will be mailed to your forwarding address.
IMPORTANT : Request for disconnection made by mail or fax will not be completed until all listed requirements are met. A meter reading will be scheduled for the next available or future business date.
- Deposits will be credited to the final bill.
- If the final charges are more than the deposit, a bill will be issued for the difference.
- If the final bill is less than the deposit, a refund check will be issued for the difference and mailed.
IMPORTANT : It is the RESPONSIBILITY OF THE UTILITY APPLICANT to formerly notify the Customer Service department when requesting termination of service. The customer is responsible for the payment of all utility charges at the address until a service termination request is received no less than 24 hours before moving and a final meter reading has been made by the City of Dover.
For Emergency Assistance after hours contact the After Hour Dispatch at 302-736-7086.
DISCLAIMER: The information is prepared for you as a general guide to our utility policy. Please understand that it does not cover all circumstances and that it might not include specific details on a subject which interests you. If you have questions that are not covered here or want information on any subject, please give us a call. We are here to serve you!