Councilman Roy Sudler, Jr.
E-mail: Contact Roy Sudler, Jr.
Phone: (302) 736-9880
Cell: (302) 465-6975
Phone: City Clerk's Office at (302) 736-7008
Title: Representative - 4th District
First Elected: 5/2015
Current Term: 5/2015 - 5/2019
Chair: Parks, Recreation, and Community Enhancement Subcommittee of the Council Committee of the Whole
Member: Council Committee of the Whole
Former Chair: Dover Human Relations Commission; Construction Code Appeals Committee
Former Member: Legislative, Finance, and Administration Committee; and Safety Advisory and Transportation Committee
Former Liaison between Mayor's Office and Dover Housing Authority's Board of Commissioners
“Experienced & Committed to the Residents of Dover and the 4th District”
- Passionate about Social Equality and Human Rights for all citizens of Delaware
- Member, Dover City Council
- Chairman of Dover’s Park and Recreational Enhancement Committee
- Former Chairman, Dover Human Relations Commission
- Former Chairman of Construction Codes Appeals Committee
- Former Member, Safety Advisory and Transportation Committee
- City of Dover’s Legislative, Finance and Administration Committee
- Member, State Human Relations Commission
- Board Member, Children and Families First
- Member, NCALL Steering Committee, Restoring Central Dover
- Former Member, City of Dover’s Title V Policy Prevention Board for At-Risk Youth
- Former Mediator for the Center for Community Justice in Dover
- Former Mentor and Motivational Speaker for At- Risk Youth, Dover High School
- Former Alternative School Teacher and Homebound Instructor
- Supported increasing the number of officers on the Dover Police Force
- Support Strong Mayor / Council Form of Government
- Experience working with City Municipal Codes in Building and Housing Inspections
- Helped organize Job and Health Fair in the Downtown Area [New Street]
- Often Assists Seniors and Property Owners with Resolving Issues within the City of Dover
- Trustee, Mt. Zion A.M.E. Church and Chair of Social Action Commission
- Member, Zeta Rho Lambda Chapter, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated
Mr. Sudler received his early childhood education from Kent Christian Academy and earned his High School Diploma from Dover High School in 1992. He earned a Bachelor of Science in Sociology with a concentration in Family Management from Morris Brown College in Atlanta, Georgia in 1999. In 2002, He received his first Master’s Degree in Human Resources and his second Master’s in Healthcare Administration in 2006, both from Wilmington University. Mr. Sudler has recently been accepted to Grand Canyon University  to complete a Doctoral Program in The Philosophy of Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial Organizational Psychology (IO).
Chief Executive Officer/Manager of The Apartments at Mishoe Cove, LLC., Senior and Handicap Independent Living Facility in Dover; and
Owner of Sudler and Mishoe General Contracting Builders, LLC.
Parents- The late Roy Sudler, Sr. and Dr. Wilma Mishoe, Brother Travis Mishoe Sudler and family; Aunt - Rev. Rita Mishoe Paige and Fiancée - Pilar Figueroa
Outstanding Community Leadership Award, the Boy’s and Girl’s Club of America, 2003.