Safety/Key Accounts Representative
Job Title: Safety/Key Accounts Representative
The incumbent is responsible for evaluating safety in the workplace and establishing training and safety strategies to eliminate dangers to ensure a safe and secure environment. The development of a formal program will be the responsibility of the new hire.
The second aspect of the position will be to act as a Key Account Representative. This position will serve as a single point of contact for our largest commercial and industry utility customers and other key accounts; the primary duty is to ensure that the needs of these customers are met. Along with current staff’s knowledge of our large accounts, the development of a formal program will be the responsibility of the new hire.
The split in time spent between the two roles will be determinate on the work load level for each. The position works under general supervision independently developing work methods and sequences.
Successful candidate must maintain a positive work environment by acting and communicating in a manner that promotes harmonious relations with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Minimum of two years' increasingly responsible experience in safety coordination in an industrial, construction, or municipal government environment, to include demonstrated skills to lead staff and/or projects as required
- Prior customer service experience
- Experience in the utility industry is preferred
- Associates Degree or technical school certificate in safety, or equivalent combinations of job experience resulting in accumulation of similar knowledge or skills, preferred.
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Customer service skills required
To view the entire job description for complete details on job responsibilities and requirements, please visit, https://www.cityofdover.com/job-titles-and-rates. Please select the Non-bargaining tab and locate the Safety/Key Accounts Representative position.
- Health, dental, vision and group life insurance
- 401a and 457 deferred compensation plans
- Paid vacation and sick leave
To Apply Submit the Following
- City of Dover employment application (www.cityofdover.com/jobs)
- Cover Letter
Hourly Rate: Up to $25.63 per hour, based on qualifications
Closing Date: Open until filled however candidates are encouraged to apply by August 18, 2021
Ethical conduct and honest behavior are our basic organizational values. Candidates will be instrumental in assisting to make Dover a place where people want to live through our motto –
Dedication, Ownership, Vision, Excellence and Reliability
City of Dover is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Download Application