Job Title: Fire Dispatcher
Salary range: $18.63 Per Hour
Hours: Full - Time
The City of Dover is currently looking for a motivated individual to join our winning team for the position of Fire Dispatcher. The primary duties of this position are to dispatch emergency services in response to calls for assistance by dispatching appropriate personnel and equipment and maintaining the fire fleet, equipment, and station. This position works under general supervision independently developing work methods and sequences.
- Answers emergency and non-emergency calls/alarms; records essential information; dispatches appropriate personnel and equipment or directs call to other City personnel/department
- Maintains fire vehicles and equipment in clean, optimally functioning manner
- Performs janitorial tasks to clean the fire station
- Communicates with departmental personnel at the emergency site, providing guidance and assistance as required
- Performs clerical tasks such as updating computer information, performing data entry, record keeping, taking member telephone calls, faxing, or photocopying
- Assist visitors to the station, providing department-related information or giving directions
- Gives fire prevention tours to the general public
- Provides training for other dispatchers as directed
- High School Diploma or GED
- Equivalent of one (1) year of college or vocational school education in computer operation, radio operation, or closely related field
- Willingness to work any shift assignment, work holidays, weekends and overtime on short notice
- Ability to handle a high volume of emergency calls with tact, good judgement, initiative and speed
- Ability to remain alert, responsible, diligent, thorough and who can speak clearly and concisely
- Ability to exercise good judgement under demanding circumstances while maintaining a professional demeanor
- Computer experience is essential
- Two (2) years of fire service experience, dispatching experience
To view the entire job description, please visit, https://www.cityofdover.com/job-titles-and-rates and click on DOE Union Employees.
A criminal background investigation will be required. Candidates may be given a job-related test during the interview.
To Apply Submit the Following
Ethical conduct and honest behavior are our basic organizational values. Candidates will be instrumental in assisting to make Dover a place where people want to live through our motto –
Dedication, Ownership, Vision, Excellence and Reliability
City of Dover is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hourly Rate: $18.63
Closing Date: Open Until Filled