Monday - Friday (8:30AM - 5:00PM)
Donna S. Mitchell, Acting City Manager
City Hall - 15 Loockerman Plaza
Dover, DE 19903
City Manager’s Office
Our commitment is to provide our residents, businesses and visitors with a great place in which to live, work and visit is evidenced by our Vision, Mission and Critical Success Factors.
Please click on the link below to access the Final Operational and Administrative Analysis for Dover Fire Department.
The City Manager’s office oversees the following departments and offices:
Assist with preparing the budget
The City Manager’s office coordinates City government activities; receives and responds to citizens concerns, inquiries and and requests; monitors capital investment projects; provides administrative support to City Council and Council Committees; coordinates legal work through the city solicitor. The City Manager’s office is also responsible for coordinating, preparing and publishing the City’s Capital Investment Plan, the annual budget and coordinates Public Affairs.
Dover is located in central Delaware in Kent County and is the capital of Delaware – approximately 90 miles south of Philadelphia, PA and 90 miles east of Washington DC. While our population is a little over half of that of Wilmington, DE, Dover encompasses a larger area than any other city on the Delmarva Peninsula.
- Central Services : (Fleet maintenance, order procurement, RFP's, maintenance on municipal buildings, etc)
- Customer Service : (Questions concerning your electric, water and tax bill)
- Human Resources: ( Job openings and benefits)
- IT: (Information Technology for municipal buildings-ways to be safe and stay safe on the internet)
- Parks and Recreation: (All programs for the Pitts Center and other activities. Also oversees the library )
- Public Affairs: (Primary point of contact for constituents, media correspondence, etc)
- Public Services: (Questions concerning recycling, trash, bulk or yardwaste collection. Also responsible for the streets department)
- Public Utilities: (Electricity generation and water department)
Dover is home to the Dover Air Force Base . Home to the C-5 Galaxy and C-17 Globemaster III aircraft, the Eagle Wing flies hundreds of missions throughout the world and provides 25 percent of the Nation's strategic airlift capability, projecting global reach to over 100 countries around the globe. Dover AFB operates the largest and busiest air freight terminal in the Department of Defense and is also home to the Air Mobility Command Museum, which welcomes thousands of visitors each year. The Charles C. Carson Center for Mortuary Affairs is the Department of Defense’s largest joint-service mortuary facility and the only one located in the continental United States.
Dover is also proud to be home to the
Dover International Speedway
Schwartz Center for the Arts
and numerous specialty stores downtown. Dover is also home to many historic buildings, museums, parks and the John W. Pitts Recreation Center.
Are you interested in having me speak to your group about the City of Dover? Send your request here !
Thank you for visiting our website, I hope you enjoy exploring all it has to offer!
Donna S. Mitchell
Acting City Manager