Follow us on Twitter!!! @cityofdoverElec
Like us on Facebook!!! City of Dover, Delaware - Electric Department
8AM – September 12
The possible heavy rain and strong winds may result in power outages. Strong winds would be the major contributor to outages. Heavy rain and flooding may limit our access to damaged areas.
What to expect…
- If we lose a major circuit(s), our top priority will be to return it/them to service, as that restoration will bring more customers on line sooner.
- The same prioritization will occur for progressively smaller circuits.
- Individual house / building connections will occur after the larger circuits are restored.
- Restoration may be delayed if it is too dangerous for our workers to be out during the storm.
- Make sure you take the necessary steps to prepare for the storm and the possibility of extended power outages.
For utility applications, connects & disconnects, utility billing inquiries, payments or general inquiries, please contact:
Customer Service Department
5 East Reed Street, (302) 736-7035
Monday - Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Click here for more information.
Electric Engineering, Operations, Relay, T&D and Administration
P.O. Box 475
Dover, DE 19903
Utility Emergencies 24 Hours 7 Days a week:
The City of Dover Electric Department is responsible for the reliability of our electric and the engineering, construction and maintenance of the electric infrastructure.
We are very proud of our reliability and of those employees that work hard everyday to keep the power on for our customers!
The City of Dover is a member of the Delaware Municipal Electric Corporation, Inc. (DEMEC). DEMEC is a public corporation constituted as a Joint Action Agency and a wholesale electric utility. DEMEC represents nine municipal electric distribution utilities located in the state of Delaware. The members of DEMEC comprise all the major towns in Delaware except Wilmington. Other DEMEC members are: Clayton, Middletown, Milford, Newark, New Castle, Seaford, and Smyrna.
The ultimate mission of DEMEC is to advance the principles of public power community ownership and provide competitive, reliable energy supply and services to our member’s stakeholders and customers.
For more information on DEMEC, please visit their website at http://www.demecinc.net/