Councilman Ralph L. Taylor, Jr.
Title: Representative - 2nd District
First Elected: 5/2019
Current Term: 5/2019 - 5/2023
-I'm a lifelong resident of Kent county. I raised my family in the beautiful city of Dover where I dedicated my life to public service.
- Married to Jean Taylor since 1994 - (4) children (5) grandchildren
-Graduated from Lake Forest high in 1984
- Attended Wilmington university and DE Technical community college -Retired Dover Police officer from 1990-2010
- D.A.R.E Instructor and P.A.L. Coordinator
- P.O.L.E.X. Executive law enforcement training
- D.P.D. Elite motorcycle unit
- President of DE Pest Control Association
- Chairman of the Safety, Advisory and Transportation Committee - Successful Small business owner "The Bug Guy "
- Elected to the Capitol school board in 2015
- DE School board Association Board of directors
- Kent County adjustment board
- DSBA Legislators committee members
- Dover Capital City Rotary executive board member
- Attack Addiction member ( pursuing solutions for the opioid crisis we face) - Executive board member of Elizabeth Murphy school for transitional children
I have committed my life to my faith, my family and the betterment of our community. I believe that knowledge is not power, it is potential. The power is in the execution of that knowledge to enhance the lives of those we touch. God bless.